Another day, another sweet treat.
I found this recipe on Pinterest (surprise, surprise) and Michelle and I decided we absolutely had to try it.
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flakes
- 2-3 Packets of Stevia (2-3 Grams) to taste.
- 1 – 1 1/2 TBS Cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 Tsp. Sea Salt to taste.
- 1 Egg Whisked
- 2-3 Apples Cored, Peeled and sliced into Rings.
- Coconut Oil for Frying
- Pour oil into a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Turn on medium-low and allow to heat while you prepare the apples. You want enough oil so that the rings can float.
- In a small bowl combine the breading ingredients: Coconut Flakes, Stevia, Cinnamon and Salt. Mix together. In another small bowl whisk the egg.
- Core, peel and slice the apples into rings. Dip each ring into the egg and then into the breading. Fry each ring 1-2 minutes flipping once. Place finished rings on a paper towel and serve hot!
Bottom line, these things were awesome. We ate the whole plate within 20 minutes of making them. I do wish I had thought to bring home some vanilla ice cream, because that would have really made them A+!
Also, did I mention these are technically healthy??