I’m currently in the first stage of accepting graduation. Denial.
Oh, you’re graduating in less than a month?
Unsurprisingly, I cannot claim responsibility for this .gif. Like everyone else I’ve been addicted to the tumblrs #whatshouldbmccallme and How Do I Put This Gently.
I found this one today though and found it stunningly accurate.
The symptoms of stage 1 denial include but are not limited to:
- Refusal to search for jobs online
- Refusal to make plans past the date of your graduation
- Confusion as to why you are unable to select classes for Fall 2012
- Confusion as to why underclassmen are sending campus-wide emails claiming your house for next year. But, I’m still gonna be here!
- Hysterical laughter when your tour groups ask what your post-grad plans are
- Deletion of any emails from your parents that contain the words “graduation” or “jobs” or the phrase “you can still live at home, you know”
- Cold shouldering anyone who references how few days we have left of college
- Sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly whenever anyone says “Guys! This is the last time we’ll ever ____ in college!”
In all seriousness, I seriously have a problem. There are 27 days until graduation, but if the world ended May 21st, 2012, that would be less scary than the prospect of leaving my school forever.