Alright. Once again, Pinterest has tempted me into a dessert.
This time: S’mores Brownies.
I read the recipe this morning, went grocery shopping this afternoon, was too lazy to look up the recipe when I got home from work, and winged it.
S’mores Brownies (the I-don’t-want-to-look-up-the-recipe-again way)
- one box of your favorite brownie mix
- ingredients needed for said brownie mix (eggs, oil, water, etc.)
- one bag mini marshmallows
- one bag chocolate chips (I like Hershey’s milk chocolate)
- one box graham crackers
- Prepare brownie mix as directed.
- Bake as directed.
- Let brownies cool for a minute and turn on the broiler.
- Sprinkle graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips over the brownies
- Place under broiler and remove when golden brown **DO NOT WALK AWAY!**
So the original recipe said to do mallows, then graham crackers, broil, then add chocolate. I forgot that. I just put it all on there and broiled it. I mean it when I say don’t walk away though…those mallows crisp up FAST and suddenly, so keep an eye on them or you’ll ruin all your hard work with scorched mallows.
Also, a little tip: line your baking pan with a nice big piece of tin foil, sides too. Those mallows get super sticky and if you can just lift out the brownies in the foil you’ll save yourself a massive clean up job. I just transferred the foil into tupperware to keep them fresh!